The 10th Vladivostok International Film Festival of Asian Pacific countries – “PACIFIC MERIDIAN” (September, 2012)
Goal and objectives
- To develop cultural exchange among the Asia Pacific countries
- To present the cinema of Asia Pacific Region in Russia
- To introduce the contemporary Russian cinema to the Asia Pacific cinema industry
- To contribute positive experience in the development of cinema art
- To discover and support the new names and perspectives in cinema art
- The Founders of the 10th Vladivostok International Film Festival are the Administration of Primorsky territory
- With the support of the Ministry of Culture of the Russian Federation
- Honorary President is Sergey Darkin
- The President of the Festival is the People’s Artist of the Russian Federation Sergey Stepanchenko
- The Chairlady of the Organizing committee - Honored Artist Larisa Belobrova
- The executive body of the Festival is the Festival Management
Competition screening includes:
Features and shorts (up to 30 min)
- Russian Cinema
- Special and Info screenings
- Retrospective screening of the World Cinema Masters
- Seminars and workshops
Rules of participation
- Eligible are any films presented by film companies, film studios, independent producers, distributors or any other copyright owners of the films
- Those who would like to participate in the 10th Vladivostok International Film Festival should fill out the entry-form and e-mail it at email@example.com prior to 20th of June, 2012.
- DVDs are to be shipped to the Festival Office for preliminary selection at the expense of the sender to the following address:
- Feature and short films on 35 мм, Betacam Digital, Betacam SP, HDCam, DCP with English subtitles, and finished by production after January 1st, 2011 are eligible for Competition
- Competition can include films that were screened before at other film festivals
- Competition should include not less than 12 films
- All the professional media formats besides 16 mm are eligible for non-competition programs.
- The films for the 10th VIFF are selected by selection committee. The final decision whether to include film in one of the Festival programs is to be made by the Festival Management till July 5th, 2012.
- The Festival Management will inform the Festival participants about including their films in one of the Festival programs not later then July 15th, 2012.
- The film prints included in the Festival program should be received by the Festival Management in their original format and before September 5th, 2012.
- The screening schedule is defined by the Festival Management.
- Each film can be screened only during the Film Festival and not more than 5 times.
- All the deadlines are mandatory.
- All the below mentioned documents and promo materials for every film selected should be sent to the Festival Office before July 20th, 2012.
- List of dialogues (in Russian/English) by e-mail
- Catalogue materials – short synopsis, (Russian and English), director’s biography and filmography, photos of director and film stills
- Press and promo materials
- Film Trailers on DVD or DV for previews on TV (if available)
Shipment and insurance
The Festival Management covers all the shipment costs for the film prints selected for the Festival
- Festival Management covers all the insurance and storage costs for the film prints during the Festival
- The decision regarding guests invitation, and a period of their stay at the Festival is made by the Festival Management
- Every film in Competition program should have film representatives at the Festival
- Festival covers a round-trip ticket and a 7-day stay in Vladivostok for film representatives participating in the Festival competition
- The terms of stay for other guests will be agreed separately
- The accreditation form, confirming participation in the Festival, should be filled out and sent to the Festival Management not later then August 1st, 2012
- To judge competition films there will be an International Jury formed of 5 persons. The Festival covers a round-trip ticket and other expenses for staying in Vladivostok for each International Jury member
- The International Jury cannot include anyone involved in production or distribution of any film in the competition
- At least one member of the International Jury has to be a film producer
- The International Jury will grant the following awards:
- The Best Feature Award; (RUB 625 000)
- The Best Short Film Award; (RUB 375 000)
- The Best Director Award; (RUB 375 000)
- The Best Actor Award; (RUB 250 000)
- The Best Actress Award; (RUB 250 000)
- The Special Jury Award. (RUB 250 000)
- Award from the Governor of Primorsky territory - “9 288 km”; (RUB 375 000)
- The Audience Award; (RUB 125 000)
- ‘Yul Brynner’ Award
- Special awards from the Festival partners
The award winners should be present in person at the Festival Closing ceremony.
- Participation in the 10th Vladivostok International Film Festival presumes the acceptance of all articles of the present Regulations
- All the issues not stated in the present Regulations will be settled only by the Festival President and the Festival Management in accordance with the Film Festivals International Regulations
- The Festival acts in accordance with the recommendations of FIAPF
All the mail and parcels for the Festival are to be shipped at the following address:
15A, Svetlanskaya str.,
Vladivostok, 690091, Russia
The Pacific Meridian Film Festival
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
tel: +7 (423) 230-20-74
fax: +7 (423) 241-31-16